Tuesday 19 August 2008

Sleeping in




Well having my summer holiday these days, my plan was to get some work done on the house, it needs to get painted outside. But since it´s raining alot I had to find something else to do with my time, funny enough it turned out to envolve old vw´s.
So in this past week I have scored a 1951 danish instruction book, it´s the first year it was written in danish. A nice 1954 front bonnet, with the correct small reinforcements (not an easy task to track one of those down) And finally a complete set of early oval front seats with a complete set of Hüls recliners on them. Now I will have to restore the seat frames, and then replace with my own seatcovers on these frames.
A nice detail on the Hüls that I first spotted after bringing them home, is that they are date back to 1954, is that cool or what?

No comments: