Sunday 29 June 2008

Pedaling


Sometimes it amazes me just how many accessories were made for the Volkswagen during the 50ies and 60ies.
Take for instance the pedals, there shouldn't be much to change there?
But if you own a car old enough to have the roller speeder pedal then you can ad a "cruiser" pedal, I have heard different stories about why they mounted them, one goes that women in high heals couldn't drive with the roller, another say that it was easier on the long runs.
Another accessory not so well known as the cruiser pedal, is a little pedal for your dimmer switch for your high beam light.
I really don´t know much about this and for me it seems equally easy to flip the lights if it´s there or not, but off course I have both in the oval even though none of them are necessary for driving the car, but that is what accessories are all about isn't?

No comments: